Wednesday, September 1, 2010

To Whom I have Never Met

Of course, one must keep their moleskin (or other journal) with them at all times....you never know when inspiration may hit. Or when, simply, someone else's words make you just want to write and write and write.
Well, this was exactly where and how this journal page came about.
The words of someone else, whom I have never met, but just exchanged conversation with....was the prompt for this page.

I had this picture saved away in my stash for quite awhile, waiting for the right time or journal page on which to use it....after looking at it for so long, I decided that there is no such thing as "the right time". It's all about the "here" and "now".
So there I went, just sticking it in the middle of a page, knowing that the "right" words and the "right" time would find there way onto this journal page, and sure enough, they did. There are so many things I would like to say to the woman who inspired this page. She will know who she is, if she ever reads this....and for now, all I can say is "thank you". You have made me look a little deeper, think a little harder and question everything a little more.
I do know that, had I not been carrying my moleskin around with me, these words, feelings and emotions would have never been put on paper....I would have moved past her words, that moment, that day....I would have never remembered the way her words made me feel.
Moments, memories and feelings are fleeting....capture them, all of them.
One day, you will be glad you did.

1 comment:

  1. Love it. Where did you get that picture? It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete