Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sometimes you just know....

And for this, I knew exactly that I wanted to use the "Believe Tree" stamp, from Stamping Bella.
I absolutely love this stamp, along with the "I am Script" stamp.
I am also very proud to say, that for this layout, I used everything that I had at home, and DID NOT, I repeat, DID NOT.....run out and buy anything new. I pulled out some of my big maya road chipboard letters, and used the script stamp with tattered angels mist, to stamp over them.
I really like the way that it looks, and have not done that before. I was kind of not wanting the letters to have a solid look of paint or spritz.

I also had in mind that I was going to use the pink paislee paper, simply because I loved the colour combinations of the browns and yellows. I started the layout by simply stamping the tree, right where you see it, and went from there. Just some pretty patterned paper, a bunch of butterfly punches, a shipping tag (btw...everyone needs to have these), and some ink.
YOU SEE....nothing fancy here!
I got to say, I really enjoyed doing this layout, partly because I just sat and did it....no sketch, no idea, no lifting. I also realized that I did not agonize over it, where every butterfly should be placed, and where every scrap of paper should be stuck. It felt liberating to just do a layout.
I hope that you all have a wonderful labour day...For those of you whose children are going back to school, I wish for them a great start to a great school year. I wish for YOU, a labour day filled with family, friends, fun....and a little creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment