Saturday, April 30, 2011

Going outside my comfort zone

There is no doubt about it, I absolutely LOVE sketches. I also like the simple task of scraplifting. Just makes everything so much quicker and easier. No guessing, no matching, no moving papers around and about the page. But every now and then, I also like to just put a photo on a page and go with what comes to mind. Without, a plan, or an idea. Sometimes its a product that gets me going....and I have to say that with this layout it definitely was the product. I am a huge fan of Studio Calico stuff, and even if I don't necessarily know immediately what I will do with it, I do know that it will make it to a page some time sooner or later. The reason that I call this post "going outside my comfort zone", is because, although I love sprays and rubons....I don't always feel comfortable using them. I know WHY I don't either!!!! They are permanent, really permanent. The whole idea makes me nervous, NOT because of the commitment of putting them down on the page, but because, if I make a mistake or not happy with a result, I am stuck. Mistakes and all.

So this is my layout....a whole layout FULL of Studio Calico goodies. Then some BRAVERY of spraying tattered angels, and if you look really closely over my writing, you will see that it is less than perfect. It is not where I wanted or intended for the spray to go. But I had to let go of that wanting perfection, because years from now, or even tomorrow.....my children will never realize or know that that blob of spray was NOT supposed to be there. They will look at the layout, read the words and be thankful.....thankful to know what there mom was thinking and feeling.
I encourage YOU to go outside your comfort zones, to embrace imperfection and to let go.....just a little.

1 comment:

  1. your blog is so inspiring, Dena! You may not think your layout is "perfect", but I love it!! I am terrified of the tattered angels mist ...I look at the bottles often!! I must try it today!!

    thanks for your wonderful blog Dena ... I always look forward to it

    ReplyDelete