Saturday, November 27, 2010

So want to get comfy with Spritz on a layout

Everywhere I look for inspiration, I see spritz, spray, and mist on a layout. Sometimes just in a little corner, sometimes all over the place....and I sit and I stare. I wish to myself that I had the confidence to spritz on my layouts as well, other than just covering chipboard with the stuff.
I also noticed that alot of the time, the negative image of the spritz really looks quite amazing as part of the layout, as opposed to fine misting all over the place. So Emily gave me this great idea, why don't I use tags to create the effect I wanted. VERY GOOD IDEA from da bella.
There was NOT so much thought when and where I placed the shipping tags, partly because this was all going to be an experiment, rather than a finished product. Normally after some experimentation at "Bella HeadQuarters", these things find themselves laying on the back table, until such time a cleanup is in order....and then they make way into the garbage. However, I did take this little experimentation home, and was determined to turn it into a layout.....and you know what....I LIKE IT!

The other great thing that I like about this, is that I purchased NOTHING NEW for it. I simply went home, put the paper on my table, pulled out my box housing "brown" embellishments, and remembered I had some older Sassafras paper that I liked. I also ended up using paper from My little Yellow Bicycle (ruler on edge), embellishments from Crate Paper (Restoration Chipboard), Wooden Flowers (Kaisercraft), Maya Road Kraft Envelope (of course, stamped with "SCRIPT" stamp, from Stamping Bella, and various little alphas.
Sometimes, I am all about the "SKETCH", and just when I think I need to depend on one for ideas, I surprise myself....because, there really is NO RIGHT OR WRONG WAY for a layout to look. So if you have a few bottles of spritz lying around (AND I KNOW YOU DO), just get going and see what you come up with.
HAPPY SPRITZING, SPRAYING, MISTING.....

1 comment: