Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Take Note.....it's a Diet Coke Slogan

Everyday for the past couple of weeks, I have been driving by a "Diet Coke" advertisement in a bus shelter.....the words just jumped right out and shouted at me. I couldn't stop thinking about how effective these words were, and how great they would be for a title on a layout. 


My daughter Hannah, has also just come back from a 5 day canoe trip from Algonquin, and I thought about the appropriateness of the title and the above picture. She does things that no one else in our family does, she tries things that no one else in our family would try. She has an unbelievable sense of adventure and spirit for life. The words on the "Diet Coke" bus shelter advertisement were just so suitable as my title to this layout celebrating her. 
The Studio Calico "Take Note" collection of papers and wood veneer embellishments worked really well together. So many people liked the frames, and asked me how I would use them. Truthfully, I liked them to, BUT had no idea quite what I was going to do with them. Well, once the package was opened....I had tons of fun with them, including cutting them.
Next time you see a magazine or billboard slogan, consider it as a title for YOUR next layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment