Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Prairie Hill, Chevrons, Thickers....and all good things

Ok...so I saw the Pink Paislee collection of Prairie Hill Paper and absolutely fell in love.


Of course, this layout, as alot of mine are, was based on a sketch. The paper that you see on the bottom, which was a solid sheet of these beautiful colourful chevrons....I was determined to make part of my layout. Now sometimes, we see a paper, we LOVE it, but think to ourselves, that it is just too "busy" to use on a layout. Well...if you cut up the elements in various ways, and use small bits of it, or separate the pattern, you will see that it does work.  I did the same thing with the paper on the top of the page...a full sheet of of patterned paper in diamond shapes. Yep, maybe somewhere it does work as a full sheet, but again,  I LOVED the paper and was determined to make it work for my layout. I originally started by pulling out my background piece of paper (awesome Studio Calico) and knew that I wanted to work from there. There is so much fun in mixing and matching from various paper lines. I pulled out a little simple stories and off course, no layout is complete without some "thickers".
So go ahead, I encourage you....do a little mixing and matching with paper lines.  You will be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment